Along the way, there are people who get lost in the hardships of life, becoming focused on what they’ve missed rather than on what God will do. There’s such tragedy when an individual is absorbed in it all, missing what more God has for them.
The thing is . . . God always makes a way . . . even through the deepest, darkest valley.
There’s nothing random with God, who promises all things will work together for good, regardless of how difficult things become. When we have the sole belief that God is everything in life, then, we will see nothing has the power to take away what really matters.
Consider what God promises:
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth. (Isaiah 42:16, NIV).
Meditate on the “I will” of God:
- I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths . . . : Hurt and pain from a circumstance will blind us from what more God has, unless we let it all go, surrendering the burden of it, trusting God will provide something new, taking us to a new and fresh place in life.
- I will guide them: There are times we do not know what to do; however, God always guides us. But. We need to focus on God rather than on the stuff. There’s no reason to worry or stress we won’t be able to figure out where we need to go or what we are to do, God will make it clear which way to go and what to do, guiding us to the best places of life.
- I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth: When we hit the tough times, when it seems like someone turned out the light and left us in the dark, when nothing seems easy, God is still present and will turn darkness into light and will make the rough places into a smooth.
God will make a way . . . God will lead you to a new and great place, even when everything seems lost . . . God will guide you through the darkest valley . . . God will turn your darkness into light . . . God will make the rough places smooth . . . God will do more in your life than you’ve ever imagined . . . God is God.
Put it on the life list: Trust God to make a way in the most difficult and challenging places of life.
- Let the burden of hard things go, surrender it all, and trust God.
- Seek God first and go where God goes.
- Trust God to turn your darkness into light and the rough places into a smooth place.
Learning to Kickstart the day trusting God to make a way.
(Written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2012 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)
Sermon: The Name